A NEW FORMAT

In true Autumnal style, the end of October saw me buried under stacks of paper leaves, piled high on shelves, in folders and covering the entire living room table, all saved for inspiration. Now I am finally putting them together in plain brown paper albums, to give an old project a new format. That record card collection was really getting out of hand and I am quite pleased with how they look.

Images old and current collected from Red, Vogue, Elle, Elle Decoration, Country Living UK, World of Interiors, Country homes and interiors, Coast, Living Etc magazines, and Plumo, toast, Noa Noa, Hoss Intropia catalogues plus some sunday papers etc x

18 Responses to “A NEW FORMAT”

1. These are absolutely beautiful! What a fun you’ve had doing those. You have totally inspired me to do something with my magazine bits and pieces. They look great in the brown paper albums.

2. emma lamb says:

So happy to see these again Jeska… I loved your record cards but I can imagine how they can get out of hand! These brown paper books are delicious though and look perfect for your inspirations… :)
    I feel like I need a quiet day today so I think I might attend to my own stack of magazines and inspirations book… I need to do something theraputic… :)
    Have a lovely day my dear,
    Emma, x

3. Jo Cardiff says:

Amazing! I am off to Paperchase to get mine right away!

4. rebecca says:

These are just lovely! Must get around to doing something similar myself before im buried under years of magazines! I heart brown paper too x

5. Debbie says:

Lovely…………………mmm
    xx

6. Joy says:

Great scrapbook for fall. They’re amazing!

7. annie_stru says:

What a lovely idea! It really looks wonderful!!
    I’m definitely going to do something like that with all the nice bits I have gathered from old magazines!

8. sam says:

So lovely and so totally inspiring…

9. Sam says:

Glad I’m not the only one to get buried under magazines etc. saved to scrapbook. I have been putting mine in ring binder files up to now – one for each room, that type of thing. However, i love your albums, so very pretty.

sam x

10. Kat says:

That’s funny I’ve been doing similar, must be something in the November air!
    Though I’m not as far along, I only have one spread. I like your choice of kraft book. I am using my usual artist sketch book pads but in a much bigger size this time. A3 I think it is.
    I love all your collages J, but the one that caught my eye most was the last with the pink butterfly (naturally!)
    Thanks for the inspiration
    Love kat x

11. Suzy says:

SOOO lovely, Jeska. I’m trying to do this too, but mine just don’t look nearly as nice. At least I can enjoy some of yours!

12. This is a gorgeous idea – so simple but really beautifully executed! x

13. Becky says:

Oh I love them! Loved the record cards too mind, but appreciate they must have been harder to keep track of…

14. mayu says:

Please give me your paper albums!:) What a fabulous inspiration they are! These albums reminded me when I saw your blog for the first time. I was so happy and excited. Love all your collages… I’m just thinking about that trying to make a scrapbook of dish.I have so many paper leaves of dish. Thank you for the inspiration♡

15. Victoria says:

Jeska!

This is so good news! I love that you started to make this scrapbooks again.
    Excellent! You’ve been true inspiration for me.

Vix
    from Argentina

16. Jeska says:

I am wishing all my big scrap books were on paper like these now, back in the day I could only get those crazy coloured sugar paper ones :)

17. Monika says:

Your pages are very inspiring! You have a great sense to mix the magazine clippings! I love your style! I am very curious about how you store the record day collection.
    Thank you for your inspiring pages!
    Monika

18. Marjolijn says:

Hello!
    Do you have any idea where those beautiful red sandals on your 3rd picture from above come from or which brand it might be? I really love them, the colour as well as the shape. Thanks a lot for your answer and for all inspiration here!
    Best regards from Belgium,