JANUARY SURVIVAL GUIDE

Evening all, it’s late but I am here. Wrapped up in a duvet, mug of warm milk with a dash of amaretto syrup in hand. I have spent the day, sorting supplies to be added to my Etsy shop, (which has been neglected for far too long) and walking in the rain. Just need a sunny day now so I can take some pictures and get listing. So I am sure from all my complaining that you are well aware of my contempt for the weather at the moment. This damp thick fog and forever night is too much, I feel like I am living in “The hound of the Baskervilles’.
Anyway Instead of whining forevermore I thought I would put together monthly survival kits, January’s to ease the mood and warm the soul for winter days when you are marooned at home. Most of these things are easy enough to come by, nothing too extravagant. A slouchy cardigan, easy slacks, slip on cosy footwear, your favourite read, flickering candles a must, and a huge bowl of pasta with a seasonal twist. This Fettucini with spinach and cranberries from Vegan Yum Yum looks so filling and warm. I will go out to buy the ingredients tomorrow.

Image Lauren at Vegan Yum Yum.

For all your other January supplies follow the links, cardigan from Allsaints, slippers from Celtic Sheepskin, candles and white chocolate flakes from Toast, pijama bottoms from H&M, double layer vest from Jack Wills, Amaretto syrup from The cocktail store and of course the latest copy of Elle Decoration to snuggle up with.

Sleep tight.

13 Responses to “JANUARY SURVIVAL GUIDE”

1. Elizabeth@rosalilium says:

Ahh, I love the cosiness of that mood board. I just want to climb right inside it.

2. Momo O. says:

Hello, I just had to tell you how much I adore your creativity! At the end of a busy day, or even just to start a fantastic day, It’s wonderful to look at your beautiful photos and lovely writing. I wanted to share that my survival kit includes clogs from L.L. Bean catalog I just ordered. Living in icy and snowy Pennsylvania, I need to dream of a day when I go visit the produce stands ran by Amish people in spring. For now, I’m wearing them around the house pretending that the end of winter is near.

3. all of it. love. stay warm and toasty!

4. Okay….I am ashamed. I can’t believe I haven’t been over for a visit recently enough to see the new blog design and banner, until now! Ack. I love it Jeska! and I love this cosy post….want every single item listed above. It sounds yummy and so cosy.
    xo
    Melis

5. Cornflake says:

Bless, if there’s one thing I don’t miss about being back home it’s the cold :-( but you always seem to make everything look so cozy and enchanting in your gorgeous abode that I get homesick, lol! :-)

6. Ooh yes, that’s my kind of food and cosy winter clothes! Raining again today and it’s tempting to curl up with a lovely magazine right now!
    Have a great day and a lovely weekend,
    Denise x

7. Becky says:

Ah lovely. I always put honey into my warm milk but a shot of Monin syrup is a great idea. Got into bed last night with scented candles lit and a good book and it was perfect, didn’t mind the drizzle outside at all, not one bit!

8. Brittany says:

This is the best ever follow up post to your “golden” post of Monday. I even have a friend who makes beeswax candles, perfect! Oh, and that pasta. I think if I cooked more often, I would feel much better. The gentle warmth of the oven… Heaven!

9. Oh yes, I am right there with you!! That is exactly what I want my weekend to look like – of course here it is piles and piles of snow instead of rain :) Happy Friday!

10. Duchy says:

Oh those drizzly days sound so much more romantic then the three feet of snow that has the dogs buried up to their noses. We have those same candles—the big ones in inverted bell jars by the bed—but I need those striped pajama bottoms. Please do share where to find those!

11. Jeska says:

hi, they are from H&M online, they do look great for cosily padding around at home!

12. irene says:

oh, this is a great collection :)

13. Lisa Porter says:

Found you over at Fab Over 50.
    My kind of gal!